U Line Appliances
The U Line Corporation is located in North American and manufactures upscale under counter refrigeration products that are mainly designed for residential use.
U Line was founded by Henry Uihlein in 1962 who was the first person to patent and sell a stand alone, automatic under counter ice maker made specifically for residential use. U line is based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U Line has since introduced additional other under counter appliances including the first portable ice maker and combination ice maker/refrigerator in 1971, the first 12v DC mobile/marine ice maker in 1983, and the first wine refrigeration system made for residential use in 1985.
In 1962 Henry Uihlein started his own company, named it U Line, and started producing one of his own inventions. He named his company U Line, which was a phonetic representation of his German name. His invention was an under counter ice maker made for residential use. The popularity of the under counter ice maker advanced the funding of further research and development into additional refrigeration products. The U Line Corporation today produces numerous under counter combinations of wine storage systems, freezers, refrigerators, and ice makers. Many of these products include such advanced features as temperature control that is dual zoned for of wine storage systems. The company has also developed a line of drawers that were refrigerated. The company's products inconspicuously blend in w
1962: U Line developed the first under counter light commercial and residential ice maker.
- 1971: U Line is the first to introduce the under counter Combo Model Refrigerator and Ice Maker. The unit uses a single compressor to maintain dual temperature zones in the same cabinet.
- 1971: U Line is the first to introduce a portable ice maker that is designed with a water tank that is built in which allows owners to move the unit anywhere in the home.
- 1983: U Line is the first to develop an ice maker that was powered by 12 volt DC for TV and marine applications.
- 1985: U Line is the first US appliance maker to manufacture an under counter wine refrigerator for residential wine storage. The unit offers proper storage conditions and has three temperature zones.
- 1987: U Line develops and patents the industry's first solid state ice maker. Sound tones and display lights inform the user whenever defrosting is needed.
- 1991: U Line is the first to develop frost free freezer technology for under counter refrigeration.
- 1993: U Line is the first North American appliance maker to get rid of chlorofluorocarbons from their foam insulation.
- 1998: U Line develops and designs an ice maker that makes clear ice cubes.
- 2001: U Line develops the Echelon Series of freezers/ refrigerators, wine storage units, combination refrigerators/ ice makers, and luxury ice makers.
If you have any problems with your U Line appliances all you need to do is call Appliance Repair Merritt Island for quick service.